Friday, February 25, 2011

Medstar Surgical's Delays Cost Me $564

After struggling most of the month of February trying to get Medstar Surgical to step up and fix their mistakes, it finally happened - my chair failed.

Trying to get up the ramp to my front door, I nearly slid off the side of the ramp. The ramp was just a little damp (it wasn't even raining) and my bald tires just spun. I needed to get shoved up the ramp by my wife to get to the top.

Next week my new wheelchair will be five months late. By Medstar Surgicals's own admission, they made mistakes and their employees deceived me, but they won't fix my chair while I wait for my new one.

I got on the phone today with a service company and got an estimate for repairs. A shocking $564 to replace the tires! I was guessing $200, but I wasn't even close. I owe the oil company over a $1,000, but it looks like we'll turn the heat down further and I'll put on a THIRD pair of socks. Thanks Medstar Surgical!

I still need to replace the batteries ($600), replace an armrest ($90) and service the motors ($???). Maybe they will last until the new chair gets here. I don't know. Medstar Surgical won't tell me when the new chair will get here, but it will probably be another TWO MONTHS! Thanks Medstar Surgical!

Medicare won't cover it because I'm waiting for a new chair. If I ask the Muscular Dystrophy Association, I won't be able to get help paying for the new chair. Thanks Medstar Surgical!

If anyone at Medstar Surgical doesn't believe me about the costs, just give me a call and I'll connect you with the service company.

No comments:

Post a Comment