Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's Good to Have Friends

I've sent out many emails about my struggles with Medstar. I've gotten many more replies via email and phone with support and advice from friends and family. I was most touched by an email from someone i don't even know, through my friends at Ride for Life. For privacy purposes, I have omitted his last name.

Hi Marc,
I have a nearly new Quantum 600 with a head array sitting in my living room not being used. My wife, Kathy, passed away last November. I was going to donate it to the CT ALS Association as soon as the snows recede and I can get it out of the house easily. If you can use it I will figure a way to get it to you but I have no idea where you are.
Sincerely,
Larry F.


I thanked Larry for the offer, but I feel it is Medstar's responsibility to fix the problem they created. I would hate to see the Connecticut ALS Association miss out on a valuable donation just to bail out Medstar due to Medstar's own mistakes. Larry's promised to hold on to the chair for me for a while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment