Monday, February 21, 2011

Continued Inaction

After a hopeful phone call from Zeb Pirzada, president of Medstar, the last 10 days has brought a lot of nothing. On February 11, 2011, Mr. Pirzada promised weekly updates and that he would be searching for a loaner power chair for me. He couldn't find one for me that day and promised to continue looking for one Monday, Feb. 14.

Given the good will from the previous week, I decided not to press the issue too hard. By Thursday February 17 I still had not heard from Mr. Pirzada and sent an email. I received a reply from his assistant, Ruth, stating he was on vacation all week and had not found a loaner. I was told application had finally been made to Medicare, about 6 months late.

I've again asked Medstar to either provide a loaner power chair or repair the chair I have. Mr. Pirzada agreed in our phone conversation that these repairs would not have been necessary had my new chair been provided in a timely manner. They have not yet replied.

Needless to say, Medstar has managed to revitalize my anger. In turn, I amended my complaint to the Joint Commission and faxed a release to Congressman Timothy Bishop's office allowing them to advocate on my behalf. (The Joint Commission accredits health care providers).

No comments:

Post a Comment